I was just thinking of how legends are a very important part of most of our lives. Some of them are the basis of the values with which we adhere to.
One other interesting thing is the way these legends lived their lives. Most of them lived for the greater good, they were not always ambitious and trying to get ahead of everyone else, they were actually trying to make people’s lives better through the things they did. They left behind legacies which we try to walk according to in our time.
Here are some quotes of some of those legends:
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier- Mother Teresa
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
- We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. —Aristotle
- Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought. —Basho
- What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. —John Ruskin
- The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes. —Marcel Proust
- Just the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. —Carl Sagan
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
If you have any quotes you would like to share, please feel free to post in the comment section. God bless!