I remember when I and my brothers watch a movie and someone says “what’s the worst that could happen?”, we take it that something worse would actually haooen and it usually does. In the movies that is. The purpose of this post is not to discuss how bad situations could get or how you shouldn’t use the sentence. It is to discuss how this affects the decisions we make.
Are you making the right decisions by asking yourself “what’s the worst that could happen?”. Most of the time we make decisions or don’t make them out of fear of what could go wrong, even sometimes exaggerating the possible outcome. Most people sometimes get scared to the point of being petrified and not not make any decisions at all. Others get too nervous they just make the decisions without giving too much thought to them.
The ideal way of using the question of what’s the worst that could happen? Is by actually considering the pros and cons,analyizing the situation critically, accepting that no matter how much care you take there might still be an unfavourable outcome and being prepared for that outcome. by asking yourself the question, you process in your mind how you might live with the outcome if it wasn’t in your favour or if it is not even worth taking the risk.
Are you making the right decisions and making them quickly? Like I said earlier making decisions rests on how much you’ve calculated the risks involved and how much it will affect you but keep in mind that there are some decisions that have to be made quickly otherwise the oppurtunities from it might be lost. Best way to achieve this is looking at how in the long run it will affect you, If it’s something you know will scar you for a very long time, then it’s better left alone.
Other things that can enable youn in making good decisions is by relying on assistance from credible people. When looking for credible people, here are a few things you should consider:
- Is the person in a good position to help in that area
- Is the person experienced in the area you need help
- Does the person make good decisions generally
- Is the person’s life worse than yours, though advices aren’t always dependent on this it is still something to consider
- Are you asking them for advice simply because they are relative or close freinds
- Are you asking for the sake of asking, not taking whatever advice they give seriously
- Can and do they give quality advice to other people you know and how much has it helped them.
These are just some of the things to consider, you can call them basic if you like and there are some other things to consider too but this should help you along the way.
Whenever taking decisions it is sometimes best to trust your instincts.
For me i’d say the “best” decision you could ever make concerning taking a decision is to ask God for help.
There isn’t much to say except that I’m glad we are among those that made it into this new month. May God continue to be with us and everything that we’ve asked for since the beginning of this year will be granted unto us.
Love all of you and may we also rejoice like this and more in the coming month.
When it came to the definition of our relationship What I wanted and needed from you was not the same as what you wanted and needed from me but unfortunately, it took a lot of wasted time and usele…
Source: A Withered Leaf
I was just thinking of how legends are a very important part of most of our lives. Some of them are the basis of the values with which we adhere to.
One other interesting thing is the way these legends lived their lives. Most of them lived for the greater good, they were not always ambitious and trying to get ahead of everyone else, they were actually trying to make people’s lives better through the things they did. They left behind legacies which we try to walk according to in our time.
Here are some quotes of some of those legends:
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier- Mother Teresa
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
- We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. —Aristotle
- Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought. —Basho
- What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. —John Ruskin
- The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes. —Marcel Proust
- Just the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. —Carl Sagan
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
If you have any quotes you would like to share, please feel free to post in the comment section. God bless!
This just came to me today. I realized that most of the time when I discuss with someone who tells me how bored they usually are, I find out that most of them dislike reading.
This post is for “my people” who see reading as a boring endeavor or a waste of time. There are several beautiful things about reading, but for the purpose of making this a short post, here’s a few.
- It is usually better than a movie, as it leaves room for your imagination which makes you absorb the content in diverse ways.
- It opens you to new ideas.
- It keeps you busy and entertained most times when there is lack of anything to do in certain social situations.
- The more quality books you read, the more your brain’s capacity for reading increases; the more you read the easier it gets.
Disclaimer: For those who don’t read in depth or can’t seem to read for long due to boredom or whatever’s in the book. I suggest you start with light reading on topics you find exciting and know you can gladly discuss about. Move unto reading books with more words on those topics and from there you can branch into reading related topics or other topics entirely.
If you have comments concerning reading or more advice, please feel free to do so in the comment section. Stay entertained!!!
It was announced today that the first footage from the sequel will be unveiled at New York Comic-Con, with director Matt Reeves, star Andy Serkis, and producer Dylan Clark sharing a first look at t…
Source: ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Synopsis Teases Epic Battle
We all deserve love one way or another.
“The only way you can love another person unconditionally, intensely and genuinely is by walking down the enlightened path of realization, convinced that you merit that kind of unselfish love…
Source: Unconditional Love